Before you deciding on a stationer for your wedding, ask these key questions first!
1. What paper options do you offer, and how do the material, weight and color affect the price points?
2. What different font styles do you offer?
3. What printing options do you offer, and do they vary by price? Which option do you specialize in and which is recommended for my style and preferred price point?
4. Can we see samples of your previous works?
5. Can we see samples of the various printing techniques, type styles and paper styles that are offered?
6. Are there more budget-friendly styles or sizes when it comes to printing and postage?
7. What are your rules in regards to monograms?
8. What is your policy on proofing? Will you present proofs for us to view before any pieces are printed?
9. Will you offer assistance in composing proper wording for our invitations and other pieces of stationery? Do you have a word limit for text on stationery items?
10. Can you offer advice on what information should and should not be included on invitations and other stationery pieces?
11. When is the recommended time to place an order for our wedding date? What is your approximate turnaround time? Do you offer rush-order service and, if so, what are the additional costs?
12. Will you assemble the invitations and stuff envelopes if there are multiple pieces to the invitation suite? Do you charge an additional fee for that service and will it affect my delivery date?
13. Do your services include invitation addressing? If so, what is the additional fee for this service? What different lettering style options do you offer? Do you do calligraphy by hand or print?
14. Is it possible to order extra envelopes (inner and/or outer) in case addressing mistakes are made?
15. Is it possible to get the envelopes before the invitations are ready so my calligrapher can get started on addressing?
16. Who will be my main point of contact?
17. What are your rates and what services do they include? What is your policy on the payment process?
18. Is there a difference in cost between ordering extra invitations up front or after the initial order has already been placed?
19. What is your estimate for postage costs based on the invitations I want?
20. What is your policy on cancellation and refund?
21. Do you also take orders for ceremony programs, table numbers, place cards, escort cards and menus etc.?
22. Do you offer a discounted rate or a package price if I order all of the invitation components at once?
Featured Cover Image Invitation: Jupiter and Juno